Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New to this

Ok so I have no idea what to truly write about here, I have never thought of my life as interesting enough to warrent a blog. But seeing as I am following a few I signed up for an account to watch for their updates. Crazy I know!! But well that's me a little bit of crazy.

So while I was trying to figure out if I could use this blog for anything other then following others while I was chatting with Coldplaywhore, and well she came up with the idea that I could use it to recommend good Fanfiction stories since I do read a LOT! I figured I could try that out and see how it goes.

I am not sure how often I will be able to update, seeing and RL is sucking at the moment and keeps taking me away from anything Twilight related, which I just realized I hadn't mentioned until now.

So my descent into Twilight is as follows:

You should know I love the Twilight books better then the movie...so far...I will let you know how I feel after New Moon. So when I originally saw the movie (Twilight) I had not read the books, in fact I really didn't want to jump on the band wagon at all! I was dragged to the movie by a good friend of mine and half way through the movie I was cursing her, literally, I leaned over to her and whispered in her ear "fu*k you now I have to read the Goddamn books!". Thank god for working for Canada's largest book distributor HB FENN and Company and for employee discounts!! YAY

So I purchased all 4 books at once and thank God I did because I read all 4 in 5 days. Crazy. Talk about no sleeping and barely stopping to eat. Although I did have stop for a family Christmas party and for a date...that was not worth stopping for. I should have cancelled but then I would have been the that gave up a date for Twilight and I just wasn't that crazy at the time!

Side note you should know that I love all the books. I can't picture Stephenie Meyer writing anything different then what she did. I enjoyed Breaking Dawn, I even liked Renemsee, but I am a hopelessromantic who loves cheezy endings! I can however see how some people don't like the last book, but I am not one of those people.

So once I finished the books I started reading fanfiction (ff), which was not a new thing for me...in high school I read Buffy fanfiction. But this is the first time since then that I even considered it.

Well I love ff and have spend way too many hours in front of my laptop reading. I am even a beta now for stories. Which by the way are fantastic!! And this will be my first recommendation. Anything by Coldplaywhore is wonderfully written and has great lemons!! (The lemons are fucking hot!) I started reading her story Follow Through it had me addicted right from the start. I also highly recommend Cabin Fever and Love Will Come Through....her other stories are just as good as these ones and I will probably talk about them all at some point but here these are just to get you started!!

Oh, and another good thing about CPW stories, she updates quickly!! Here are the links to her stories:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4963100/1/Follow_Through

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5023933/1/Cabin_Fever

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5130465/1/Love_Will_Come_Through

So check out her stories and come back sometime and I will have other stories to recommend as well.

1 comment:

coldplaywhore said...

Woo Hoo! Welcome to the madhouse. I've already written up my blurb for my blog for tomorrow, to pimp you out. I think people will probably appreciate if you update once or twice a week and they don't have to be massive long. You should make a rating scale with lemons or something :) That would be cute :)